We’ll Leave It There So: Munster game goes ahead, Banty is back and all of today’s sport
Peter O’Mahony and Rassie Erasmus speak to the media at UL.
Source: Niall Carson
- Munster’s Champions Cup game against Glasgow Warriors will go ahead as planned on Saturday.
- The province’s captain, Peter O’Mahony, was understandably emotional as he paid tribute to Anthony Foley in Limerick.
- Seamus ‘Banty‘ McEnaney is back in inter-county management after taking the reins of the Wexford footballers.
- Paddy Barnes has been added to the same New York card as Michael Conlan for St Patrick’s Day.
- Ulster are hopeful of having Ruan Pienaar fit for their must-win Champions Cup clash against Exeter this weekend.
- Connacht’s new Springbok out-half Marnitz Boshoff will arrive in Galway later this week.
- Louis Ludik has signed a new three-year deal with Ulster.
- Tomás O’Leary, meanwhile, has signed a short-term deal with Top 14 outfit Montpellier.
Dundalk players after training at Tallaght Stadium.
Source: Morgan Treacy/INPHO
- Steve Hansen has made three changes for New Zealand‘s Test match against Australia on Saturday.
- Fenerhahce‘s plane had an emergency landing en route to Manchester for tomorrow’s Europa League tie with United.
- Anthony Joshua will defend his world heavyweight title on 10 December.
- All Black great Dan Carter insists he has never come across any banned substances in rugby.
- Former Man City CEO Garry Cook is among a number of high-profile staff let go by UFC.
The Best Thing We Shared
Liverpool teen Harry Wilson further enhanced his reputation as a star of the future with a delightful backheel against Manchester United’s U23s last night
On The Record
“I cannot confirm that he will play, but now he is fit and it is now time for him to go back to the levels that we know he can achieve.”
Jose Mourinho has issued a warning to Man United’s big-money signing Henrikh Mkhitaryan after the Armenian has endured a frustrating start to life at the club.
Where we were today
Murray Kinsella was down in Limerick as Rassie Erasmus and Peter O’Mahony bravely faced the media, while Ben Blake was at Tallaght for Dundalk’s pre-game press conference.
Get closer to the stories that matter with exclusive analysis, insight and debate in The42 Membership.
Become a Member
Dundalk’s Andy Boyle.
Source: Morgan Treacy/INPHO
The Fixture List
- Attention turns to the Europa League on Thursday with Dundalk continuing their campaign against Zenit at Tallaght Stadium (8.05pm).
- Man United are also in action as they host Fenerbahce (8.05pm) at Old Trafford while Southampton are in Milan to face Inter (6pm).
Don’t turn your back on a powerful footballer who has three All-Irelands and two All-Stars to his name, as Rory O’Carroll showed a poor opponent in Auckland.
The42 is on Snapchat! Tap the button below on your phone to add!